Thursday 9 August 2012

HEALING OUR VIOLENCE


HEALING OUR VIOLENCE





The following is anadaptation from one of my most listened to teachings from Richard
Rohr.  If you are interested I have a copy of the teaching in my music section which I
posted
  back at the end of 2008

http://cleaunz.multiply.com/music/item/129/Father-Richard-Roher-Evil-and-the-True-Self


*****
Jesus, and any great spiritual teacher, is somehow talking about the transformation of persons from their false self into their true self—and then the discovery that the true self is who you already were all along, but you didn’t know it. You didn’t know how to live consciously out of that deep place of union. Infants still know it, symbolized by Adam and Eve in the garden, but they soon leave the garden.
It seems to me that a secular world is almost condemned to being violent, as is a falsely religious world. Both of them have too much ego to protect, because they do not know their true self in God. Most wars have had some form of religious motivation because the ego always believes it speaks for God and threatening others can be eliminated as evil. Religious egos are quite dangerous.

                                                               Prayer : We are Love,and we are made for Love, and our natural abiding place is Love.




9 comments:

  1. You are so right in your deductions Keith. I like your little prayer too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't listened to the teaching yet, but just before I read your piece here I read this post by Frank Schaeffer which seems to go with it very well! In it he talks about Chris Stedman, the "interfaith atheist", and I would like to mention that I'm Facebook friends with him, he's a heckuva nice guy! Schaeffer also talks about Wild Goose Festival and although I was unable to go, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend, I also have a ton of Facebook friends who were able to make it there both last year and this year. There are talks of a "Wild Goose West" for those of us in the American West and can't make it all the way to East Coast, and if it ever happens I'll try to attend. Anyway, here's the post by Frank Schaeffer.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/frank-schaeffer/resisting-condemnation-to_b_1757859.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya stranger - not seen you in a while - will find you in your new home so we keep contact - thanks for the comment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks - yet to go to the link but appreciate it. Funny how one thing leads to another that appears out of the blue and either validates whar we have read or heard or compliments it.!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's it for sure! The " spiritualized ego" can be very vicious!
    Basically though the dualistic world is based on survival and violence...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes it is - dualism is division, competition, comparrison, power and lots of other words!! And a big hi too!! (L)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now i am not certain sure where i will end up but WILL let you know my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. True words, Keith. This is also my view.

    ReplyDelete